Everyone has a stubborn part of their body, and no matter how much working out, dieting or lotion you apply, it doesn’t seem to change – there’s simply no change (hint: laser skin tightening). For a lot of us, the issue is caused by cellulite. Cellulite doesn’t discriminate, and anyone can get it; young, old, thin or thick. Cellulite happens when your skin dimples, and it’s triggered by a layer of fat under the skin that’s pressing up against connective tissue and bulging.
Cellulite 101: Before We Discuss Laser Skin Tightening
Before we jump in, let’s review a few cellulite facts and myths to clear things up.
- There is no permanent solution (for now)
- Women get more cellulite than men
- Cellulite gets worse with age
- Cellulite may be in your genes
- Exercise can help reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Skin fillers may even out cellulite
- Non-invasive treatments for cellulite work
- Certain foods can help fight cellulite
- Smoking can increase the appearance of cellulite
- Cellulite is caused by toxins in your body
- Cellulite only happens to out of shape individuals
- Cardio is the best exercise for reducing all-over jiggle
- Skin firming creams will cure cellulite
- Liposuction will make your legs, arms and tummy look better
- Only certified dermatologists should perform cellulite treatments
- Clothing you wear on a regular basis can have a negative impact on cellulite
This probably helps to clear a few things up. Often, we associate cellulite with someone who is inactive and are surprised to see it creep up on ourselves. Although there is no cure for cellulite, there are treatments proven to help. So let’s start skin tightening!
Skin Tightening Creams
Eating healthy and exercising regularly just doesn’t always cut it. Don’t fret as there is hope. You can start with skin firming creams, massaging them in with firm movements. This requires you to apply morning and night and can become rather costly, depending on the size of the area you’re targeting. A non-invasive, non-surgical method to help dissolve cellulite may be the answer you’re looking for.
Fat Dissolving Injectable Treatments
You’re probably wondering what is the fat dissolving injection treatment, and is it safe? The fat dissolving treatment is a small injection containing: various vitamins and phosphatidylcholine (a mixture of soybean extract) and deoxycholate, a naturally occurring bile salt, found naturally in the gallbladder. The ideal candidate for this treatment is someone who doesn’t want surgery and has stubborn fat that isn’t being resolved with regular diet and exercise. Some common problem areas are as follows:
- Back fat
- Double chins
- Inner and outer thighs
- Buttocks- side and lower
- Tummy bulges
- Double chin
The procedure is available for men and women. Some side effects are redness, and tenderness around the injection sights, light bruising and swelling. The process doesn’t interfere with your daily life or interrupt your exercise routine. Post-treatment, you may have to lightly massage the area a few times each day for 5 days. If any conditions persist, contact your doctor.
Laser Skin Tightening
Pair injectable treatments with laser skin tightening to help tighten up any loose skin you may have. This is also non-invasive and non-surgical. A skin laser technician applies a topical numbing agent to the area being treated and uses a hand-held laser that employs small bursts of light to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the service, causing the skin to retract. Results are immediate! The procedure has no downtime. Perfect to fit into any schedule!
Beautique Med Spa has a great April promotion on fat dissolving injectable treatments. This will have you bikini ready in no time! Call and book your free consultation today!